Strawberry Spinach SaladDownload Recipe PDF of Strawberry Spinach Salad
2015 Huckleberry D'Latah
- 1 pound fresh spinach, trimmed of tough stems, washed & dried
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Latah Creek Maywine
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. strawberry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Latah Creek Maywine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
To prepare the dressing, blend all dressing ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use For the salad, pour Maywine over sliced strawberries and refrigerate for fifteen minutes. In large salad bowl blend spinach, sliced red onion and almonds. Drain Maywine from strawberries and add to salad mix. Toss with poppy seed dressing. Serves 6.
This is my favorite late-spring salad, when we hit the peak of strawberry season and you can find the plumpest, juciest berries. I love the flavlor of the fresh berries marinated in Maywine combined with the homemade poppy seed dressing over crisp spinach leaves. If you are in a hurry—just top salad with your favorite poppy seed dressing—it will still be yummy!
Eat simple, eat well.