Guilty as Charged Pasta SaladDownload Recipe PDF of Guilty as Charged Pasta Salad
- 1 16-oz. bag hearty multicolored pasta
- 1 9-oz. jar roasted garlic and eggplant spread or anything similar
- 1 14-oz. can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 10-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, diced
- 1 tbsp. dried sweet basil leaves
- freshly ground pepper and sea salt
Place pasta in boiling water and cook al dente, 6-10 minutes, drain. Thoroughly blend spread into pasta. Add next three ingredients, being sure to include the juice from tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Sample and adjust the seasonings with freshly ground pepper and sea salt.
The above ingredients are just a guideline. I often add a bit of veggies, olives, or any other item that looks good when I rummage through the refrigerator. Merlot is a great pasta wine—big, bold, intense and lots of fruit.
Eat simple, eat well! ~ Ellena