Spaghetti PomodoroDownload Recipe PDF of Spaghetti Pomodoro
2012 Monarch Primitivo
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, chopped or 4 tbsp. chopped garlic (I use chopped garlic from a jar)
- 2 14 1/2-oz. cans Italian plum chopped tomatoes
- 1 14 1/2-oz. can Italian plum crushed tomatoes*
- 1/4 cup Latah Creek Primitivo or Sangiovese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- freshly ground salt & pepper
- freshly ground parmesan cheese
3-4 fresh ripe tomatoes peeled and chopped may be substituted for canned tomatoes
Heat olive oil in pan, add chopped garlic and sauté for approximately one minute making sure not to burn garlic.
Add tomatoes and simmer until thick approximately 10-15 minutes. Add wine and cream. Simmer again for approximately 10-15 minutes.
Blend freshly chopped basil into tomato mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately over angel hair or capellini pasta. Top pasta and sauce with freshly ground parmesan cheese. Serves 4-6. Enjoy with a glass of Latah Creek Primitivo.