Berries and Pork SaladDownload Recipe PDF of Berries and Pork Salad
2015 Huckleberry D'Latah
- 1 boneless pork tenderloin, sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup huckleberries, whole
- 1 cup raspberries, whole
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup Huckleberry D’Latah wine
- 3 cups mixture of butter lettuce, romaine & wild greens
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Latah Creek Huckleberry D’ Latah
- 1 Tbsp. huckleberry jam (Any “berry” jam would do!)
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. safflower oil
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. onion, finely chopped
To prepare the dressing, combine all dressings ingredients in jar with lid and shake well. Dressing may be prepared the day ahead. Barbecue pork tenderloin until done — or — cook pork tenderloin in 325 degree oven for approximately 20-30 minutes until middle is slightly pink. Cool and slice. In separate bowl add all berries and wine and marinate in the dressing for 15 minutes. Drain and save run off dressing to the side. When ready to serve, toss together berries, greens and almonds. On individual plates place salad mixture and fan 3-4 slices of pork on top. Drizzle dressing on salad and serve immediately.
What can I say? This is just delicious! Serve with crusty baguette bread and a bottle of Huckleberry D’Latah and you are “Chef Extraordinare”!
Eat well, eat simple.